Vintage Travel Stamps
Vintage travel stamps have become really popular in the recent years. There are many people from all across the world, who collect them and even hunting for the rarest and exclusive ones. Vintage travel stamps vary by price, so it becomes possible to use them when you need to add a personal touch. While those rare and exclusive can simply break the bank, there are many affordable options.
How to Use Vintage Travel Stamps?
Vintage travel stamp is a great way to personalize your letters and postcards. It does not matter if you have Morocco holidays or experience a journey around the world – a vintage travel stamp will make any sending look more personalized and desirable. With the help of a stamp, you can reflect the theme of your letter. Still, there are some simple rules that will help you to choose the best one.
- There are some vintage travel stamps that are sold above their face value. Sometimes, the price is so high that you can afford you a car instead of a single stamp. Still, it is always possible to find those sold at their face value. So when it comes to price, your choice mainly depend on what you consider as affordable.
- If you are planning to send some special letter using vintage travel stamps, you will have to start searching for them in advance. The thing is that it could take some time to collect enough of them to send a single letter. It is always better to place one of high value to avoid using excessive amounts of stamps. Still, it will allow you to place some vintage stamps with smaller denominations.
- If you are looking for a place to buy some vintage travel stamps, try to search on Ebay or Etsy. Both of them are good sources with a plenty of choices. You can simply search for “vintage stamps”. Still, be careful and make sure you are buying unused stamps. The thing is that some sellers can offer you canceled stamps that can not be used but still have some value because they are rare. For example, there are some rare vintage stamps of Gran Canaria. They look gorgeous but can not be used as a pay for sending.
One of the best sellers of vintage travel stamps is Etsy seller Verde Studio. Here you will be able to choose from tons of vintage travel stamps (as well as some other travel stamps). The best thing about this seller is that it allows organizing your stamps making the process much easier.
- If you are one of those who use vintage travel stamps on a regular basis, it is always a great idea to sort them and to separate in different groups. Using of vintage travel stamp usually means that you want to leave some behind this or that stamp. So sorting them by some specific groups will save you a lot of time. For example, you can sort them as stamps with nature, stamps with airplanes, stamps with governors etc. So if you want to send a letter to someone who is a pilot, it will be great to use a stamp with an airplane.
What is more, you can make some combinations using different stamps. Usually, you will have to use a lot of different vintage stamps, it is always better not to repeat them. So sorting will be helpful for this purpose as well. Still, do not be afraid to add some extra stamp if you think that someone you send it would appreciate it.
- Also, do not forget to check the completed sending at the post office if you do not want it to come back. Post office workers will weight it to make sure that you placed enough of stamps.